Getting Started with GIN and Guice
Posted by David Chandler on September 23, 2009
As part of the RememberOneAnother project, I’m using the excellent gwt-presenter and gwt-dispatch frameworks, which in turn depend on GIN and Guice. You can download the Guice jars from the project site, but you have to build GIN. I did the following in Eclipse:
- Set a GWT_HOME env variable to C:\eclipse\plugins\com.google.gwt.eclipse.sdkbundle.win32_1.7.0.v200907291526\gwt-windows-1.7.0 and restart Eclipse to pick up the new var.
- Download Guice.
- Check out GIN from SVN (see the project Source tab for location) as a new Java project using the New Project Wizard.
- Add the guice-2.0.jar to the GIN project’s build path.
- Right-click on the GIN build.xml and click Run As Ant Build… In the Targets tab, select the “dist” target. In the JRE tab, make sure a JDK is specified and not just a JRE.
- Click Run to build GIN. The resulting gin.jar will be put in the out/dist folder. You may need to unfilter .* resources to see it.